Around the World

Around the World
Starting in Mexico and Heading West!

Next Semester

This upcoming Spring Semester I have the chance of a life time to be able to sail around the world, visit many different countries and meet new people. I hope that with this, you will be able take a journey with me around the world.

Monday, February 8, 2010

My Game Plan for Japan:

Alright so I have been on this ship for 12 days. Everyone is getting stir crazy and itching for some land time. This past week a lot of things have been going on. We had to deviate from our correct course to Japan because there was a volcanic eruption a few earthquakes near Japan and the weather in general. We were able to bypass the epicenter of these events, but in doing so we got hit by the aftermath of them. We hit some pretty big swells and got the ship a rocking. I was having a blast with it, though for some got sick from it. Eating our meals I think was an experience in itself. Getting from the counter to the table required some skilled walking as well as some skills of a ninja (in the sense that we had to be good on our feet) so that we would not lose it and have a sad day… Then while eating the food we had to keep a watchful eye on the horizon to see when the swells were going to hit us. The drinks and the plates were playing a delicate balance between life and death (i.e. being eaten and falling to the floor).  Also the balance of the rest of the students was hilarious to watch as well. After I had dinner, I went to go and hang out with some friends at another table. As we were talking, we got hit by a rogue wave that caught everyone by surprise, including me and came so fast that I had no time to react and in brief amount of time… I was on the floor. Needless to say I was fine, though I was laughing my ass off because of it and well as the surrounding area of people who witnessed my fall.

Sorry about that… went off on a tangent. Back to the real story at hand; we are almost to JAPAN!!! So excited to say the least… I am doing a Yokohama/Tokyo overnight stay. Going to be seeing a lot of cool things (see description below), then signing out before we head back and then tour the city on our own with a group of friends. From there we are going to do a little more site seeing (i.e. Shinjuku, Shibuya, Harajuku, and Akihabara). Then at night I am sleeping in a capsule hotel, that’s right I said it CAPSULE HOTEL. hahaha. Soooo stoked about that.  Then wake up and catch a train to Osaka, and do the tourist thing there. From their catch a train to Kobe at night and find an internet cafĂ© and crash there for the night. Wake up in the morning and catch my tour to Kyoto for a day trip and then kick it in Kobe for that night and the next day. So pretty much it is going to be an epic and I am excited to see Japan a place where I have been wanting to go to for a while now :D

Pictures to come when I get a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kevin Downs

My photo
I am Junior at Vanguard University, currently working towards a Business Administration degree but more than likely switching to Marketing. But after that, I do not know for sure what I am going after I graduate because right now I am thinking of becoming a Fireman. But we will see what this upcoming Semester has in store for me.